Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 11:10pm.
Find the value of x on this right triangle when a=20 b=5x-10 and c=2x(Square root of 5)
A. x = 15
B. x = 10
C. x = 12
D. x = 16
A wheel 5.00 ft in diameter rolls up a 15.0° incline. How far above the base of the incline is the top of
the wheel after the wheel has completed one revolution?
A. 13.1 ft
B. 8.13 ft
C. 9.07 ft
D. 4.07 ft
Solar panels are used to convert energy from the sun into electricity. To get the best result, the panel
has to be perpendicular to the sun's rays; in other words, angle è has to be a right angle. What should the height, h, be if è is a right angle, a solar panel is 12 ft long, and the sun's angle of elevation is 38°?
A. 9.4 ft
B. 9.5 ft
C. 15.4 ft
D. 7.4 ft
Which of the following pairs of angles are coterminal?
A. 100° and 620°
B. 25° and –25°
C. 390° and 750°
D. 30° and 60°
- Math - Trigonometry - Henry, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 9:43pm
a^2 + b^2 = c^2.
(20)^2 + (5x-10)^2 = (2x*sqrt5)^2
400 + 25x^2 - 100x + 100 = 20x^2
25x^2 - 100x + 500 = 20x^2
Divide both sides by 5:
5x^2 - 20x + 100 = 4x^2
5x^2 - 4x^2 - 20x + 100 = 0.
x^2 - 20x +100 = 0
(x-10)(x-10) = 0.
x - 10 = 0
X = 10.
- Math - Trigonometry - Henry, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 10:18pm
2. We form a rt triangle:
X = Hor side.
Y = Ver side or dist. from base.
Z = Hyp. = pi*D = 3.14*5 = 15.7 Ft.
Y = Z*sin15 = 15.7*sin15 = 4.07 Ft.
4. 390 Deg.
750 - 360 = 390 Deg.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - If the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 10 and one leg is 5 square root ...
- math - Say if these numbers make a right triangle and a Pythagorean triple: 2, 2...
- Trig functions and such - 1)Find the exact value of cot(-315) A)1 B)square root ...
- math test review - 16. If the base of a right triangle is 8 (square root)2 and ...
- math - determine the area of triangle abc when side ab= square root of x, side ...
- MTH 157 - I need help on these two questions. 1. Describe what happens to the ...
- Math PLEASE HELP ASAP - -PLEASE INCLUDE SOLUTIONS AND EXPLAIN HOW YOU DID IT ...
- Algebra - Hello Reiny, please check these problems for me and if they are not ...
- Pre-Alegrebra - 1)Find the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with ...
- geometry - The lengths of three sides of a triangle are given. Describe each ...