posted by Jehu Milord .
1. How did the music business change in the early 1970s?
2. In what ways did rock music become more conservative in the 1970s?
3. Name three technological advances in sound or recording that helped change rock
in the late 60s and early 1970s.
4. Name three new "styles" of rock music that came to be in the 1970s.
5. How did music in the sixties represent/reflect the political and social climate? 3 ways.
6. What was the role of reggae in the political and social life of Jamaica?
7. How was punk music a reaction to more commercial rock in the ‘70s?
8. How did disco reflect cultures that were not mainstream America?
9. How was rock a revolutionary and democratic music?
10. How did MTV change the way music was listened to?
11. What is “significant rock” and how did it change the way music was viewed?
12. What connection is there between Delta blues music and South Bronx rap?
13. What new technology has influenced the production of music after 1980?
14. What is "world music" and how did it come into being?
15. Name and describe three new alternative rock artists.