Posted by Alexus on .
1. Eli Whitney intended his cotton gin to help eliminate slave labor. Why did it increase it?
2. What is the purpose of the Monroe Doctrine in a paragraph of at least 5 sentences?
3. By 1828 presidential electors were chosen by popular vote in every state except: _____________
4. In the mid-1800s, what immigrant groups caused the most stir among Americans?
5. In 1835, labor forces in Pennsylvania changed the "dark to dark" workday to create what kind of workday? (What type of hours did an employee work?)
6. What shocking issues did Frances Wright urge women to investigate?
7. Which woman helped to pass a law in New York, which allowed married women to hold land under their own name?
8. Which women organized the 1848 convention at Seneca Falls? What was accomplished at the convention?
9. Which women founded the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA)? What was the purpose of the group?
10. When and where did Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott meet and why?
11. What did Elizabeth Cady Stanton feel was key for women in gaining equality with men?
12. What did the Indian Removal Act do?
13. Why were the Cherokee forced to take the "Trail of Tears" from Georgia and North Carolina all the way to Oklahoma?
US History and Constition -
I'll be glad to check your answers.