Posted by Justin on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:10pm.
I would like to know if this would be a good thesis to prove for the novel: The Great Gatsby.
Thesis: Nick Carraway as the author has both its advantages, and its disadvantages; Nick begins the novel as an objective character full of honest thoughts, yet as the novel unfolds, Nick becomes very opinionated and one sided when telling the story, leading to a biased portrayal of some events.
english - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:23pm
It's much too long. Also -- Carraway is the narrator, not the author.
How about something like this?
Nick Carraway, the narrator of The Great Gatsby presents a biased portrayal of some events.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:24pm
I forgot a comma after Gatsby.
english - Justin, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:28pm
Thanks, and I had meant to put in narrator.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 8:32pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - The Great Gatsby highlights __________. A.the empty materialism that ...
- english/great gatsby - could anyone confirm/fill in the blanks on these ages? ...
- english - Disclose the range of emotions that Jay Gatsby reveals before,during ...
- english 3 - Why does nick think Gatsby is gorgeos in the novel The Great Gatsby?
- English - For my english ISU presentation, we are expected to present the thesis...
- English 3 - Great Gatsby Chapter 1. Why is Nick telling the story? Why is nick "...
- English - I am making a thesis statement on this topic. Jay Gatsby: Hero or ...
- english - this pargraph is based on the nvel the great gatspy. how do i make ...
- AP Language and Composition - I am writing a paper on the book The Great Gatsby ...
- ENGLISH - I've been given this question for the novel THE GREAT GATSBY and have ...