Posted by zee on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 2:49pm.
I posted my essay earlier for punctuation, corrections, and I really need help correcting the following from the essay:
-I read the Quran everyday of my life to learn and get inspired from.
-The book had this amazing story about a Woman that was cured from breast cancer by praying to Imam Al-Mahdi.
-On the forth day in Mecca she wanted to pray near the Ka'ba but it was too crowded.
-After praying the same man asked her if she wants to pray again, but she told him she was to sick to pray again.
-She turned her head and the man disappeared, and the crowed was normal again.
-What makes this worrier my top roll model is that nothing stopped Imam Al-Husain from fighting against tyranny.
-Terrorist in till this day are killing and bombing people in Iraq because they love this worrier and visit his grave each year.
-They taught me to be patience for the sake of truth, and to have faith in god.
- english - PsyDAG, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 4:12pm
1. Eliminate "from." Try not to end sentences with a preposition.
2. "Woman" should boot be capitalized.
3. "…Mecca, she… but, it…."
4. "After praying, the…if she wanted…."
7. "Terrorists until…Iraq, because…this warrior. They visit his grave each year." Visiting the grave is not a reason for killing and bombing, so it needs to be a separate sentence.
8. "… be patient… truth and…."
- english - PsyDAG, Monday, July 16, 2012 at 4:17pm
In the future, if nobody is available to proofread your work, you can do this yourself. After writing your material, put it aside for a day — at least several hours. (This breaks mental sets you might have that keep you from noticing problems.) Then read it aloud as if you were reading someone else's work. (Reading aloud slows down your reading, so you are less likely to skip over problems.)
If your reading goes smoothly, that is fine. However, wherever you "stumble" in your reading, other persons are likely to have a problem in reading your material. Those "stumbles" indicate areas that need revising.
Another option, if it is available on your computer, is to have the computer read it to you.
Also, make use of "Spelling and Grammar" under "Tools" in your word processing program.
Once you have made your revisions, repeat the process above. Good papers often require many drafts.
- english - zee, Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 7:46am
Thank you so much and thanx for the tip I'll try it on my next essay
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- To: Writeacher or any other english helper - I had posted a question earlier ...
- ? ABOUT POSTING AN ENGLISH/COMP. HOMEWORK QUESTION - If we posted an essay we ...
- English - I need to write an essay on "What are rules for our everyday Life, and...
- 10 grade English - Write an essay comparing Baldwin's account of the Titanic ...
- english - Choose an essay or a short story to read. Then answer the following ...
- English L.A. - Which of the following best describes an expository essay? a. An ...
- Essay Revisions - I need help with editing my essay. I know my english sucks, so...
- english - One of the four underlined sections may mark an error in punctuation. ...
- English-Ms.Sue - Thank you for all of your help on guiding me through on my war ...
- essay - im including Sonny Bono in the essay im going to write... i googled him ...