Posted by delwin on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:12am.
Find the radius of a circle on which a central angle of 3 pie over 2 radians subtends an arc of 60 ft.
- trigonometry - Jai, Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:07am
First note that a whole circle measures 360 degrees or 2pi radians. The 3/2pi radians is just 3/4 of 2pi, Thus we can say that the length of arc given (the 60 ft) is just 3/4 of the circumference of the circle.
If 60 is just 3/4 of the whole, then 60/(3/4) = 80 ft is the circumference of the circle.
Recall that the circumference of circle is given by
C = 2*pi*r
where r = radius
80 = 2*pi*r
r = 80/(2*pi)
r = 40/pi = 12.74 ft
hope this helps~ :)
- trigonometry - Bosnian, Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 10:11am
If a central angle theta = 3 pi / 2 then :
Circumference of a circle = 2 * r * pi
Ful circle have 360 ° = 2 pi radians.
Lenght of arc :
L = ( theta / 2 pi ) * 2 * r * pi
L = theta * r = 60
( 3 pi / 2 ) * r = 60 Multiply both sides by 2
3 pi * r = 120 Divide both sides by 3 pi
r = 120 / 3 pi = 40 / pi
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - an arc of a circle subtends a central angle of 5pi/6 radians.if the ...
- trigonometry - please check my answers. 1.Find the area of the sector of a ...
- math - An angle of 1.8 radians at the center of the circle subtends an arc of ...
- Bobby - Find the length (in cm) of an arc of a circle with radius 12 cm if the ...
- math - find the length of an arc of a circle of radius 5.6 cm which subtends an ...
- math - Find the radius of the circle if an arc of length 8 ft on the circle ...
- Math - Find the radius of the circle if an arc of length 5 ft on the circle ...
- math 30 Trig - A central angle subtends an arc of 35 cm. If the radius of the ...
- math - Whats the difference between an arc [of a circle]'s length and measure? ...
- Precalculus - The figure shows part of a curve traced by a point on the ...