Posted by Mel on Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 7:55pm.
I'm writing a paper for humanities class. it has to be in APA annotated bibliography format. Here's the question:
Discuss the relationship between art and religion among the various different cultures the course has touched upon. Consider such media as sculpture, painting and architecture. Your discussion must utilize specific examples from at least four (4) cultures including some from both the Western and Eastern traditions.
I have no idea where to start!! Please help!! This has to be between 7-10 pages.
- Humanities - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:13pm
You start by researching and taking good notes.
First, choose at least four cultures you've studied in this class. Make an outline for each, detailing its religion and art.
After you've gathered your facts, then try to tie in the relationships between art and religion.
- Humanities - Mel, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:20pm
Good point. Thank you! Anything else you think I need to hit on? I'm not sure I'll be able to make the 7-10 page requirement.
Are there any good sites that are credible for citing?
- Humanities - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:24pm
Start with your text. If you need more information about specific cultures, check online sites. In general, any site with edu. in its URL will be credible.
If you need more help, please post specific questions.
- Humanities - Mel, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:29pm
Ok, thank you for your help!
- Humanities - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 8:36pm
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy researching and writing this paper.
- Humanities - Mel, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:15pm
Ok, another question. What is an annotated bibliography? I understand what citing work is, but how does annotated bibliography fit in? To me, it looks like you basically copy and paste the authors work, and then in a paragraph before pasting it, you cite it. Is that correct?
- Humanities - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 9:26pm
A bibliography is a separate part of your paper. In it you list the books, authors, etc., you've consulted. An annotated bibliography includes a sentence or two about the work you've cited.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- educational research - I so overwhelm and lost at the moment. Summarize and ...
- research writing - CheckPoint: Annotated Bibliography As part of the writing ...
- writing - Compile an annotated bibliography in APA format of sources you have ...
- Research writimg - Complete an annotated bibliography of the sources you plan to...
- writing - What must you do to convert the annotated bibliography to an APA-...
- HUMANITIES - DEFINE WHAT IS MEANT BY THE TERM''HUMANITIES''AND EXPLAIN WHAT ...
- college - DEFINE WHAT IS MEANT BY THE TERM''HUMANITIES''AND EXPLAIN WHAT ...
- psychology - I am writing a paper for my psychology class. the paper must be ...
- humanities - Discuss relationship between counter-reformation and Baroque period...
- humanities - I need to know how i would get started on how to make a portfolio. ...