Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 9, 2012 at 6:19am.
Hi! I just want you to check if my answers are correct.
Factor the expressions:
1. 15a^2(b-2)^2 + 20a^3(b-2)^3 = my answer is 5a^2(b-2)^2 [3 + 4a(b-2)]
2. 18p^2q^3 (r-6)+ 24(r-6) = my answer is 6(r-6)[3p^2q^3 + 4]
3. 24(x-y)^2 + 48(y-x) - 72(x-y)^3 = my answer is 24[(x-y)^2 + 2(y-x) - 3(x-y)^3]
Lastly, -8.4x^3y^4 - 3.6x^2y^5 - 4.8x^4y^3. I don't have an answer for it yet.
Would appreciate your response. Thank you. :)
Algebra - Jonathan Shands, Monday, July 9, 2012 at 6:46am
1. Good but you my want to distribute the parentheses inside the bracket.
3. Hint: to out a negative sign in the middle term.
Algebra - Steve, Monday, July 9, 2012 at 10:41am
-8.4x^3y^4 - 3.6x^2y^5 - 4.8x^4y^3
Factor out -1.2x^2y^3 to get
-1.2x^2y^3(7xy + 3y^2 + 4x^2)
Rearrange terms to get
-1.2x^2y^3(4x^2 + 7xy + 3y^2)
Now factor that to get
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- honors algebra II - factoring:: i factored 15A^2B - 10AB^2 into... (15A - 10B)(...
- drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
- algebra - Factor completely with respect to the integers. I just need to see if ...
- Algebra - 1) Simplify: (Y^4) (y^3) A:y^1 B:y^7 (my answer) C:y^12 D:y^43 2)...
- Algebra Please Check answers - Directions: Determine whether each trinomial is a...
- math,correction - Can someone correct these for me plz... Problem#6 Factor. x(x-...
- Algebra Please check answers - Could you please check these answers thanks. ...
- Math 8R: Homework Check - Part 2 - Part 2: Simplify by combining like terms and ...
- Algebra - Hiya. I have 7 expressions that I have been asked to simplify. I ...