Posted by chchch on Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 10:32pm.
please help please show work so i can do others ok so i have to find the equation of the linethat contains given point and is parallel to the given line then write a slope intercept form if possible
I also have to do the same for this type and im stuck too
(-5,-6) x axis
Math - Damon, Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 12:23am
write given line as y = m x + b
y = (-1/2) x + 11
so m = slope = -1/2)
we need the same slope so our line is of form
y = (-1/2) x + b, but we need to find b
use given point to find b
-4 = (-1/2)8 + b
-4 = -4 + b
b = 0
y = (-1/2)x + 0 or -2 y = x
Math - Damon, Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 12:25am
slope of x axis is 0 so
y = 0 x + b
-6 = 0 (-5) + b
b = -6
y = -6
horizontal line six units below x axis
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - please help find the equation of the line with the given properties. ...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- precalculus - Find (a) the equation of a line that is parallel to the given ...
- Algebra - graph the equation x-3=y (where do I plot the points?) find the ...
- Algebra - 1.Write an equation in slope- intercept form of the line that passes ...
- math - I need help with "write in equation in slope-intercept form for the line ...
- Math - Please help - (Write an equation in slope intercept form of the line that...
- Pre Calculus - please help me with this problem? I don't know how ro do it. ...
- calculus - find an equation for the line with the given properties. express the ...
- Quick math help - My math exam is coming up Friday and I need help!! Can you ...