Posted by Maihul on Friday, July 6, 2012 at 7:02am.
A 200m long train crosses a 400m long bridge with a speed of 36km/hr . Calculate the time taken by train to cross the bridge? plz give me the answer with explaination
physics - Elena, Friday, July 6, 2012 at 2:38pm
The speed of the train is v = 36 km/h =36000/3600=10 m/s,
L is the length of the train,
S is the length of the bridge.
The time of passing the bridge begins when head end of the train enters the bridge and ends when its rear end leaves the bridge, therefore, the distance is s=L+S=200+400=600 m
physics - Aishwarya Jha, Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 3:15am
speed of the train(v)=36km/h
let L be the length of the train
and S be the length of bridge
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A 200m long train crosses a 400m long bridge with a speed of 36km/hr...
- physics - a train 100m long is to cross a river bridge of length 800m. what time...
- hw - a train 100m long is to cross a river bridge of length 800m .what time will...
- Physics - Train A starts at 4 miles South of a bridge and heads North at a ...
- Physics - A tunnel is 800 m long.A 100 m long train crosses the tunnel at a ...
- math - A man standing on a railway bridge which is 180 m long. He find that a ...
- physics - James Bond is trying to jump from a bridge and land on the first car ...
- Physics - James Bond is trying to jump from a bridge and land on the first car ...
- Physics - A freight train has a mass of 4.78 * 10^7 kg. the locomotive provides ...
- SCIENCE(PHYSICS) - a train is moving on a straight track n travels at a speed ...