Posted by ted on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 4:50pm.
How do you factor X^3+5x^2-28x-32?
- math - Reiny, Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 6:24pm
let f(x) = x^3 + 5x^2 - 28x - 32
I tried x = ±1, ±2, ±4 (that is, factors of 32)
on the second try, I found f(-1) = 0
so x+1) is a factor
Using synthetic division I found
x^3 + 5x^2 - 28x - 32 = (x+1)(x^2 + 4x -32) which factored again to
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- hard math - please someone help me! i've tried so hard! factor m^6 + n^2 28x^2y^...
- Algebra - Factor the numerator and denominator of each fraction if neceesary. ...
- Math - How do I find a factor of x^3 - 3x^2 - 28x?
- math - how do u factor 7x^3+28x^2-35x ? thanx.
- Math - Andrew factored the expression 28x^3-42x^2+35x as 7x(4x^2+6x-5). But when...
- Math for college readiness - Find the greatest common factor of these two ...
- Intermidia Algebra - Andrew factored the expression -12x^3-28x^2-3x as -4x (3x^2...
- Algebra - Factor 4xy+28x+y+7
- algebra - Andrew factored the expression 28x©ø-6x©÷-10x as 2x(14x©ø-3x©÷-5x) . ...
- Algebra - Andrew factored the expression 28x^3-42x^2+35x as 7x(4x^2+6x-5). But ...