Posted by Tony on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 2:02pm.
Among all pairs of numbers whose difference is 88, find a pair whose product is as small as possible.
- Math - bobpursley, Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 2:29pm
I bet one of the numbers is zero.
- Math - Chip, Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 2:54pm
-44 and 44.
- Math - Chip, Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 2:57pm
This can also be solved by doing:
x-y = 88
x = 88+y, so you get
which can be done with calculus.
Answer this Question
- Math - Find all pairs of integers whose difference is 5 and product is 234.
- Math - List the common multiples from 1 to 100 for each pair of numbers. Then ...
- HELP ME - Find two numbers whose difference is 42adn product s -405 Find two ...
- Calculus - Find two numbers whose difference is 132 and whose product is a ...
- calculus - find 3 positive real numbers whose sum is 500 and whose product is as...
- Discrete mathematics - I need help solving this problem, I have followed the ...
- math - Find two numbers (exactly) whose product is 10 and whose sum is 18.
- math - find two numbers whose product is N^2 and whose sum is a minimum
- math - Find three positive real numbers whose sum is 52 and whose product is a ...
- Math - Find two numbers whose difference is 16, and the sum of whose squares a ...