Posted by Losa on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:20pm.
What is the Singular possessive of -fern-.... and WHY?
- Grammar: HELP MS.SUE - Losa, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:25pm
What is the singular possessive of FERN.. and WHY?
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:25pm
The singular possessive of most words is
- Grammar - Losa, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:35pm
So if it's PLURAL, then it's FERNS. If it's PlURAL POSSESSIVE, then is it stil the same with the singular but in a different way?
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:40pm
Yes, the plural of fern is ferns.
Most plural nouns add the apostrophe after the s.
Singular possessive: fern's
Plural possessive: ferns'
I have one fern in a pot. The fern's pot is too small.
I have several ferns growing in my yard. The ferns' fronds have started to wilt.
- Grammar - Losa, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:43pm
Ok. So for plural possessive you put the comma after the S. Why is that?
- Grammar - Losa, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:44pm
Ok, sorry Ms.Sue, i didn't read you're sentence completely. Thanks Ms.Sue! :)
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:50pm
You're welcome, Losa.
Answer this Question
- language atrs - A. singular possessive noun B. plural possessive noun C. ...
- grammar - is islands,citizens,frogs,streets,citys,statues,nations, views , and ...
- Grammar - You form the possessive of all singular words with apostrophe “s.” A) ...
- Grammar - Sometimes the only way to tell if a possessive word is singular or ...
- English - What are the rules for possessives and plurals when it comes to names...
- English grammar - ex) There are two pins on the table. In this sentence, is '...
- Enlgish, possessive form of singular and plural no - possessive form of family, ...
- ENGLISH!! - After a few __________ hesitation, he agreed that __________ not ...
- spelling - the singular possessive of children's is what
- Grammar - 1. Choose the answer that identifies the three cases of pronouns. ...