Posted by kevin on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 6:18pm.
ESTRUCTURA | 13.1 The subjunctive with verbs of emotion
Completa cada oración con la forma correcta del verbo apropiado de la lista. Usa cada palabra sólo una vez
The words in () are my guess. I need help with clarification and spelling changes.
contaminar hacer interesar
reciclar recoger usar
1.Es una lástima que los autos
2. Me alegro de que tanta gente se
(interesar) por la ecología.
3.Es terrible que las naciones desarrolladas (developed)
(usar) tantos recursos naturales.
4.Espero que el gobierno
(usar) más programas para resolver el problema.
5.No me gusta que mis vecinos no
(reciclar) las botellas y las latas.
6.¿Te sorprende que ellos
(recoger) la basura sólo una vez a la semana
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 8:15pm
The Subjunctive was always my favorite thing to teach, because it is "a thinking person's tense!" You are required to THINK first to decide if you even need the Subjunctive. There are many reasons for using it and if I could draw here I could explain it better.
First of all, imagine a gypsy's crystal ball. If you can SEE in it, it is the Indicative, or FACT, but if it's cloudy that's the Subjunctive, because you never know if it DID happen, WILL happen, IS happening, etc.
Then I would draw a locamotive to represent the Independent (or Main) Clause, follwed by the + sign to indicate that a dependent clause was coming and THAT was the trailer, after the "hitch = +" or caboose containing the Subjunctive.
By now you know better what sort of review I should send you?
#1 = It's a pity that cars/automobiles contaminate, DO contaminate, WILL contaminate, MAY contaminate (all possible English translations) so much.
Es una lástima que los autos contaminen tanto.
- Spanish - kevin, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 8:18pm
How can I tell how to change the ending on the words?
would number 2 be intersen?
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 9:40pm
1. Look at the infinitive: interesar
2. Go to the "yo" form of Present Indicative, or Spanish I: intereso
3. Drop the ending (-o) and put the opposite voweel (-ar verbs using -e and -er/-ir verbs using -a: interese
4. Now make it agree with the subject "tanta gente" or "ella" = interese
- Spanish - john, Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 10:42am
- Spanish - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 2:43pm
El es un postre muy frío.
- Spanish - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 12:37pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - 13.2 The subjunctive with doubt, disbelief, and denial Completar ...
- Spanish - Completa las siguientes oraciones con una palabra de la misma familia ...
- spanish 2 - ESTRUCTURA | 13.1 The subjunctive with verbs of emotion La ...
- spanish - Completa las oraciones con la forma correcta de cada verbo. 1. En ...
- Spanish - Are my answers correct? I had the most trouble with the accents in ...
- spanish - Usa la forma presente de ESTAR con el participio pasado del verbo ...
- Spanish - Would it be possible to have Sra double check my answers? She was such...
- spanish - ¿Cuál es la forma correcta del imperativo para tú? ¡_____ aquí! (...
- Spanish 1 - The directions on this question say, "Usando los verbos de la lista...
- Spanish - Sra. do my answers look correct? Querida Abby… Complete el párrafo ...