Posted by Silika on Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 9:59pm.
1. Write the place name for the 4 in the following number: 3,624,786
2. Round the following number to the nearest ten: 53
3. Find the sum of the following problem:
2,168 + 305
4. Estimate the sum of the following problem to the nearest hundreds place. Make sure the answer represents an estimation of the numbers listed, not the exact solution.
156 + 235
Answer: The hundred pace is 3.
5. Find the difference of the following problem:
8,631 - 5,950
6. Find the product of the following problem: 724 x 17
7. Find the quotient of the following problem:14 ÷ 6,230
8. Estimate the quotient by rounding both numbers to the nearest tens place. Make sure the answer represents an estimation of the numbers listed,not the exact solution.
9. Write seven tenths as a decimal.
10. Line up the decimal points, then add. Write zeros as needed.
36.9 + 7.35
11. Line up the decimal points, then subtract. Write zeros as needed.
9.61 - 0.268
12. Set up the problem and then multiply. Write zeros as needed.
419.2 x 2.54
13. Set up the problem and then divide.
12.86 ÷ 0.4
14. Put the following values in order from least to greatest.
0.31, 1.24, 0.031, 0.5, 0.124
Answer: 0.031,0.124, 0.31, 0.5, 0.124
15. Marie purchased a new refrigerator. She needs to make 36 monthly payments of $29.95. What is the total price of the refrigerator?
16. Write the following fraction in simplest terms. 24/32:
17. Use the lowest common denominator to add the following fractions. Give the final answer in simplest terms. 3/4 + 1/8:
18. Use the lowest common denominator to subtract
the following fractions. Give the final answer in simplest terms. 5 13/15 - 1 2/3:
Answer: 4 1/5
19. Multiply the following fractions. Give the final answer in simplest terms.
4/7 x 5/12
20. What is the reciprocal of 4/9?
21. Divide the following fractions. Give the final answer in simplest terms.
3/5 ÷ 9/10.
22. Write a fraction for the ratio of 5 boys to 8 girls
23. Change 27% to a fraction.
24. Change50/16to a decimal.
25. A stereo that usually sells for $300 is on sale for15% off. What is the price of the stereo after the
Ms. Sue can you please check all the answer? I have written them right after every question. Please give me the right answers as well. I might have 2 or 3 questions wrong.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 10:20pm
Most of your answers are right. :-)
For 2 and 4, your thinking is correct, but you didn't state the answer correctly.
7, 8, 14, and 24 are wrong.
- Math - Silika, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 10:55pm
Ms. Sue I tried a lot for 8. but I have no idea how I can solve this. Please give me exact answer. The rest I think for the 7 the might will be the 445, it is asking for quotient in this. And I made mistake in 24, the questions was asking 16/50.
Please help me with the 8 and 7.
- Math - Silika, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 10:57pm
For number 4, i guess it is 400 right?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 11:09pm
8. The problem says to estimate, not give an exact answer.
960/40 = 24
24. Yes. 16/50 = 0.32
4. Yes, it's 400.
- Math - Silika, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 11:21pm
Thank you Ms. Sue. Really appreciate your help.
Answer this Question
math - write the place name for the 4 in the following number 3 624 786
math - 4. Round the following number to the indicated place. 875,000, the ...
MATH - My math book has this statement: "Describe how to use a Ten-Thousand...
math - Im just not sure of this I keep getting confused? (1) Round the following...
math - Write each of the following as a common fraction or mixed number. Write ...
math - A number rounded to the nearest thousand is 6,000. It has a 5 in the ...
math - 538,605 the eight is under lined. the question is use the place vaule. ...
math plz - Write the following as a number: three billion, fifty three thousand...
MATH - 1. Subtract 0.36 from 6. A~ 5.64? 2. Write the following as a common ...
math - Write the following as a number: thirty one billion, forty four thousand...
For Further Reading