Posted by *Please Help* on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 4:05pm.
How will you write this in scientific notation? if you do not mind explaining how you did it. Thank you!
Algebra 1 (Scientific Notation) - Steve, Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 4:09pm
first step: count the trailing zeros. That gives you
15789 * 10^9
But scientific notation requires you to express the product as a power of 10 and a number from 1-10.
15789 is 1.5789 * 10^4
because you have to shift the decimal point 4 places to the left. Now just add the exponents to get
1.5789 * 10^13
To do it all in one go, just count how many places you have to shift the decimal point to arrive at a number between 1 and 10 in front. In this case, if you shift the point 13 places to the left, you end up with 1.5789
Algebra 1 (Scientific Notation) - * Please Help*, Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 4:12pm
Thank you so much...! this will help me on my final next week...! :)
Algebra 1 (Scientific Notation) - joe, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 12:43pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math ALG 2!scientific notations helpp - Write the following value in scientific ...
- math ALG 2!scientific notations helpp - 1.)Write the following value in ...
- Scientific notation - Express in scientific notation. Choose the answer with the...
- Algebra - The distance from the Earth to the sun is 93,000,000 miles? Write this...
- Math Scientific Notation - write the scientific notation 1) for 25,000,000 i got...
- math - write each number in scientific notation 3.68,000=6.8x10^4 4.7,000,000=...
- 7th grade math - 1. The area of Greenland is 840,000 square miles. What is this ...
- science - Chapter 1 & 2 Review Questions 1. Compare and Contrast the two main ...
- Algebra - Write in Scientific Notation: 164,000,000,000,000
- maths - onvert the following to scientific notation: (i) the distance to the sun...