Posted by Booker Perry on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 2:45pm.
1)Independents are people who have strong party affiliation.
2)About 75% of those eligible to vote did so in the 2000 presidential election.
3)If we are indeed a democracy, a government by the people for the people, then it is important for each citizen to vote so that the government can operate as intended ... by the people.
4)The "time-zone fallout" problem has to do with the fact that polls on the Eastern seaboard often close before much of the people in the rest of the country leave work in the evening.
5)"Ballot fatigue" is when voters loses patience and/or knowledge as they work their way down a ballot (better known national candidates are at the top and lesser known local candidates are at the bottom), so they decide to stop voting and leave lesser political races blank.
6)People with a low sense of political efficacy often do not vote.
What I THINK are right answers:
(Correct me if I am wrong)
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 2:57pm
Half of your answers are right -- about what we'd expect from pure guessing.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - Booker Perry, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 3:05pm
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 3:40pm
Much better. You have only one wrong answer this time.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - Patrick, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 6:40pm
You can answer all of the above questions by googling the qestions' key words in the questions. And you'll learn a lot by doing so.
If you don't understand the vocabulary (terms) used in the questions, you might have trouble. So, you might have to look up the word "efficacy," for example, by googling "efficacy" and "merriam," which will take you to the relevant entry at the Merriam Webster Dictionary.
Answer this Question
- American Government - True or False? About 75 % of those eligible to vote did so...
- government - 1. The Framers of the US Constitution supported political parties. ...
- Government - Political Parties have organizations at the a) state level. b) ...
- Math 1330 - In a survey of 1000 eligible voters selected at random, it was found...
- History - The Magna Carta laid the foundation for a written social contract ...
- 7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
- health! - True or False. Washing your hands can help protect you from dangerous ...
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...
- u.s history - is it true or false that the presidential election of 1908 saw the...
- Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...