Posted by please help! on Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 7:54pm.
Can someone help me understand how to find the derivative of these two problems:
(t^2-1/t^2+2)^3=y and y=sin^32x?
I think with the first one, I could just foil it maybe and cancel but I don't know what to do with the ^3...and then the second one I haven't gotten the hang of how to eliminate those kinds of problems yet...:(
- calculus - bobpursley, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 8:04pm
y'=d/dt (uv^-1) where u= t^2-1 du=2dt
and v=(t^2+2)^3 dv= 3(t^2+2)^2 * (2t)=6t(t^2+2)^2
y'= v^-1 du -uv^-2 dv
then put in u,v du, dv and you have it.
- calculus - please help!, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 9:43pm
I guess it's the format but I am little confused about what you did....
- calculus - Steve, Monday, June 25, 2012 at 10:40am
use the quotient rule:
y = u/v
where u = t^2-1 and v = t^2+2
y' = (u'v - uv')/v^2
= [(2t)(t^2+2) - (t^2-1)(2t)]/(t^2+2)^2
2) use the chain rule:
y = u^3 where u = sin2x
y' = 3u^2 u'
= 3sin^2(2x) 2cos2x
= 6sin^2(2x) cos(2x)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Alright, I want to see if I understand the language of these two ...
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- To Jasmine20 - FOILing - Try this website to learn about FOILing better: Go to ...
- calculus - I'm having trouble with these two problems. If someone can help me ...
- Calculus - Hello, I have some calculus homework that I can't seem to get started...
- calc - d/dx integral from o to x of function cos(2*pi*x) du is first i do the ...
- calculus - Differentiate both sides of the double angle identify sin 2x= 2 sin x...
- Calculus - I need help with finding first and second derivative--simplify your ...
- Algebra - Is there a shortcut to foiling an equation? I always thought that FOIL...
- Calculus 12th grade (double check my work please) - 1.)Find dy/dx when y= Ln (...