posted by Mike .
I left out the following exercise. Can you tell me how I can improve it? Thank you, Writeacher
Put the following into indirect speech using the reporting verb in brackets.
1) “I met her last Monday.” (Mary/say)
2) “I’m sorry, I broke the vase.” (he/apologize)
3) “ You should really read this book, Steve! (Sally/recommend)
4) “ Be careful, because the roads are slippery.” (The policeman/warn/us)
5) “I’ll help you.” (my mother/promise)
6) “We went on a school trip today!” (Peter/tell/his mother)
7) “ I ate all the cake yesterday.” (Peter/confess to)
8) “I feel very well now.” (he/explain)
9) “Will your mother be at home tomorrow?” (Mary/ask/me)
I'd write this: Put the following into indirect speech using the reporting verb and the nouns and pronouns in brackets.