Posted by samuel on Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 10:33am.
what rate of annual simple interest is equivalent to 9% per annum compounded semi-annually for 3 years
math - Reiny, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 11:24am
rate = (1.045)^2
or 9.2025 %
since you want the annual simple interest, the 3 years is irrelevant, all we have to do is look at a 1 year period
different interpretion - math - Reiny, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 11:30am
looked at it again....
amount after 3 years at the compound interest
so interest on $1 is .30226
using I = PRT
.30226 = 1(r)(3)
r = .10075
the annual simple interest is 10.075%
Assume we have $100
amount after 3 years using the compound interest
= 300(1.045)^6 = 130.23
amount using simple interest of 10.075%
= 100 + 100(.10075)(3) = 130.23
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Meg's pension plan is an annuity with a guaranteed return of 9% interest ...
- Math - How to calculate this? 4 year term investment. The investment offers a ...
- math - Investor A deposits 1,000 into an account that earns an interest rate of ...
- Math 20(interest rates) - Determine the amount of interest charged on a loan of...
- Math help! - Which is the better investment over a y year term? Calculate each ...
- Math - Which is the better investment over a y year term? Calculate each one. ...
- maths-- compound interest - find the compund interest on $2500 for one year at 4...
- college maths - A property worth $15,000.00 is purchased for 10% down and semi-...
- Algebra - Show how you substitute the values into the formula, then use your ...
- math - Ali needs to borrow Rs 500,000 for three years. Which of the following ...