Posted by Caitlyn on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 11:52am.
If someone could help me get started or help me with the first few steps I could probably finish.
With Mass A = .500 kg
Mass B = .125 kg
Find the angle so that the system will be in equilibrium.
- Physics - MathMate, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 2:01pm
We don't have your diagram, so we don't know how the masses are connected.
Please describe your figure.
- Physics - Caitlyn, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 2:20pm
Oh sorry I completely forgot to add that part in. It's a right triangle and mass A is on the incline (hypotenuse) portion and is attached to a pulley and on the other end is mass B hanging down the side that would be the height of the triangle (opposite of the angle). Is that clear enough?
- Physics - MathMate, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 6:57pm
The tension in the string will be equal to T, which connects both masses A and B.
For mass A, the force down the incline is Ma*g*sin(θ) which equals T.
For mass B, the force due to gravity is Mb*g which also equals T.
Thus, equating the two values of T, we get:
Can you take it from here?
- Physics - Caitlyn, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 7:54pm
Yea I got it! Thanks a lot!
- Physics :) - MathMate, Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 8:35pm
Answer this Question
- physics - Two masses are involved in an elastic collision. The first has a mass ...
- physics - Particle A of mass 'm' has initial velocity v.After colliding with a ...
- physics - We have two carts moving towards each other at different speeds ...
- PHYSICS - There's a bar with length of 6.49m and mass of 5.45kg leaning against ...
- Physics - You pull upward on a stuffed suitcase with a force of 118 N, and it ...
- Dynamics - Physics - You pull upward on a stuffed suitcase with a force of 118 N...
- Please help!!!!!Physics - Find the resultant force on (a) the mass m1 = 0.183 kg...
- physics helppp! - The coeffcient of friction between the 7.9 kg mass and the ...
- Physics - A 86.0 kg person steps into a car of mass 2500.0 kg, causing it to ...
- Chem - I have a problem, the density of the metal = mass (2) - mass (1) over ...