Posted by Mike on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 7:18am.
I urgently need you to check these sentences, too. Thank you.
1) Pay in cash (or pay cash?)
2) Have you ever tried shopping on line OR online shopping?
3) They are planning to open a shopping centre on the edge/on the outskirts of town.
3) Imagine to dance with him. I can't imagine dancing with him (??):
4) Can you give me an example of "have + something + ing" different from I can't have this machine working.
I need to find examples with "leap, strive, proceed, condescend, care" + infinitive.
5) What is the difference in meaning between deserve + inf and deserve + Gerund?
- Foreign languages - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 8:26am
1. Both work fine. Here are some examples:
He paid cash for his car. (didn't take out a loan)
He paid for his car in cash.
2. Both are fine.
4. I can't help thinking of you.
I can't have drinking sprees.
I can't have swimming lessons.
(Do you need those examples used in the gerund's position?)
I deserve to go to the movies.
(but not "I deserve going...")
I deserve to be paid on time.
(but not "I deserve paying on time.")
If you can give me other examples, I might be able to explain better.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Writeacher, I urgently need your help to check a few sentences on job...
- English - 1. I like shopping. 2. I like doing the shopping. 3. I like doing my ...
- english - Revise the following paragraph, improving it without changing its ...
- English - Can you check these few sentences, please? 1) Wait! I'll help you with...
- economics - What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a credit card? ...
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences. Whad do you think I ...
- 7 - 6. You are scheduled to pay a $350 cash flow in one year, and receive a $1,...
- 6 - 6. You are scheduled to pay a $350 cash flow in one year, and receive a $1,...
- Finance - 6. You are scheduled to pay a $350 cash flow in one year, and receive ...
- writing - PLEASE PROOF READ IT WILL BE DOUBLE SPACED WHEN I SUBMIT IT. In ...