Posted by Mike on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 7:18am.
I urgently need you to check these sentences, too. Thank you.
1) Pay in cash (or pay cash?)
2) Have you ever tried shopping on line OR online shopping?
3) They are planning to open a shopping centre on the edge/on the outskirts of town.
3) Imagine to dance with him. I can't imagine dancing with him (??):
4) Can you give me an example of "have + something + ing" different from I can't have this machine working.
I need to find examples with "leap, strive, proceed, condescend, care" + infinitive.
5) What is the difference in meaning between deserve + inf and deserve + Gerund?
Foreign languages - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 8:26am
1. Both work fine. Here are some examples:
He paid cash for his car. (didn't take out a loan)
He paid for his car in cash.
2. Both are fine.
4. I can't help thinking of you.
I can't have drinking sprees.
I can't have swimming lessons.
(Do you need those examples used in the gerund's position?)
I deserve to go to the movies.
(but not "I deserve going...")
I deserve to be paid on time.
(but not "I deserve paying on time.")
If you can give me other examples, I might be able to explain better.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Native speakers - Hello what is the difference between a supermarket ...
- English - 1. I like shopping. 2. I like doing the shopping. 3. I like doing my ...
- English expression - 1. It's a kind of shopping by computer. 2. It's a kind of ...
- Statistics help please - A survey of 23 customers at a shopping centre asked the...
- english - Revise the following paragraph, improving it without changing its ...
- writing - PLEASE PROOF READ IT WILL BE DOUBLE SPACED WHEN I SUBMIT IT. In ...
- writing - Could you please proofread this along with punctuation. It's an essay ...
- English - Can you please check these few sentences? Thank you. 1)I insert a 50-...
- English - Can you check these few sentences, please? 1) Wait! I'll help you with...
- English - I left out these sentences. Can you please help me express them? Thank...