Posted by Yun Gao on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 12:39am.
The perfect pizza parlor estimates the average daily cost per pizza to be C(x) = (0.00025x^2 + 8x + 10)/x , where x is a number of pizzas made in a day.
a) determine the total cost at the level of production of 50 pizzas a day.
b) determine the production level that would minimize the average daily cost per pizza.
c) what is the minimum average daily cost per pizza?
- Calculus - Damon, Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:11am
cost per pizza at x = 50 is
[.00025(50)^2 + 8(50) +10 ]/50 = 8.21
* 50 = 410.63
dc/dx = [x (.0005 x + 8) -.00025x^2-8x-10) ]/x^2
when is the numerator zero?
.0005 x^2 + 8 x -.00025 x^2 -8 x -10 = 0
.00025 x^2 = 10
x = 200
for c, use 200 for x
- Calculus - drwls, Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 3:16am
(a) Plug in 50 for x and compute C(x).
(b) Solve for the value of x for which
C'(x) = dC(x)/dx = = 0.00025 x -20/x
25x^2 = 20,000
(c) Compute C(x) using the value of x from (b)
- Calculus - Yun Gao, Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 9:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - The perfect Pizza Parlour estimates the average daily cost per pizza...
- Math - Cougar Pizza Parlor has just opened up across the street. You are ...
- math - the manager of a take out pizza parlor needs to hire pizza makers and ...
- algebra - you have just graduated from college and recently opened a specialty ...
- math - As an entrepreneur, there are going to be many decisions that you need ...
- MATH - As an entrepreneur, there are going to be many decisions that you need to...
- Elemements of Math - Little Caesar's Pizza had a commercial on television that ...
- algebra - Break-Even Analysis: A Look at Profit and Loss: As an entrepreneur, ...
- math - Mrs walkers ordered 10 pizza's for a party . Each pizza is cut into 8 ...
- math - The pizza restuarant has a special off today: 3 pizzas for $25. The ...