Posted by Leo on Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:10pm.
A car has a 12 volt battery. The engine has a resistance of 0.22 ohms. How many amps will be drawn from the battery when the key is turned?
- Physics - David E, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:27pm
R= 0.22 ohms
I = V/R
- math - Nancy , Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:28pm
E= I x R is the formula
the answer is .5454
- math - Nancy , Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:29pm
actually David is right. I forgot the decimal place from the 22 so it is 54.5 amps
- math - Leo, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 11:40pm
- math - Ushango, Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 10:13am
Three cells are connected. The external resistance of each cell is 2 ohms. The voltage of each cell is 1.5 volts. The resistance of the external circuit is 2.3 ohms. What is the circuit current to the nearest tenth ampere?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I = E/R A car has a 12 volt battery. The engine has a resistance of 0.22 ...
- physics - If the filliament resistance in an automobile headlamp is 3 ohms, how ...
- Physics - Is the answer to this 4? If the filament resistance in an automobile ...
- Science - A 6.0 volt battery is hooked up to a light bulb, whose resistance is 3...
- science - Calculate the resistance in a circuit in which a 9-volt battery ...
- calc 1 - An electrical circuit switches instantaneously from a 3 volt battery to...
- Physics - I need to understand how to calculate the final 2 steps of this ...
- physics 2 - a certain 12v storage battery with an internal resistance of 12 ohms...
- Calculus - An electric circuit switches instantaneously from a 5 volt battery to...
- calculus - An electrical circuit switches instantaneously from a 3 volt battery ...