Posted by BJ on Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 4:49pm.
Is Wind Power Green?
I am writing a paper and I need to put together an outline of my final paper. I would just like to know if the following paragraph I have put together can serve as a thesis statement?
"The idea that the world is reaching a possible peak in oil production is creating a buzz about renewable energy. One such type form of renewable energy being explored is wind power generated by the wind and it can be done without depleting the availability of wind as a resource. Renewable energy is thought of as taboo because we have been dependent on nonrenewable resources for so long. There are individuals and groups who have a stake in nonrenewable resources and are against any form of renewable resource. The sad part is that in an attempt to keep us dependent on minerals and fossil fuels, as well as keeping their bottom line from being affected, they have us doubting whether or not wind power is green. "
- Biology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 5:04pm
An entire paragraph is not a thesis statement.
Please study this site for information about thesis statements.
- Biology - BJ, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 5:38pm
Ms. Sue I understand this but what the professor requested was the following:
NOTE: In the “Sample: Outline,” it states that the thesis statement is the last one to three sentences of the introduction. However, the thesis statement must be one sentence in length and the last sentence of the introduction.)
Therefore, my question would be does the last sentence represent a thesis statement?
- Biology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 5:41pm
A thesis statement needs to be supported in the body of the paper.
Are you going to support the statement that "they have us doubting whether or not wind power is green."?
- Biology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 5:42pm
I suggest you prove that wind power is green.
- Biology - Writeacher, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 5:57pm
I agree with Ms. Sue. The way your last sentence is written, it sounds as if your paper will be about how "they have us doubting... " <~~Is that what you want to prove in your paper?
- Biology - BJ, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 6:09pm
Ok, I understand now. Thanks I appreciate the feedback and I will add to it that though they would have us doubting that wind power is green I will prove that it is green.
- Biology - Writeacher, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 7:15pm
... I will prove that it is green.
I hope you won't use those exact words.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science Paper - I am writing a paper on wind power. In this one paragraph I have...
- English Paper - We're currently writing a paper this week , so I need help ...
- English - I have to do a research paper about something that has to do with my ...
- History - Im working on my outline for my research paper which is the Jacksonian...
- writing analysis paper - I have an analysis paper due on a poem. I have a few ?'...
- citing on a research paper - Hi, I am a bit confused on how and when to cite ...
- law & ehtics - I,m doing aresearch paper and i have to answer questions. Do i ...
- History Paper - What impact have the following conflicts had upon the US? (WWII...
- English - I need help. I am writing s paper and we have to have a word citing ...
- health - It's my first time writing a research paper, I'm not sure what it ...