Posted by Fred on Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 5:31pm.
22. What connection can be drawn between Dickens's father and Tom?
Both worked in a bank. Both favored straight facts.
Both were irresponsible with money. Both had a gambling problem.
23. How do innovations in farming methods contribute to population growth?
They results in greater food production and healthier diets. They create more jobs for farmers.
They lead to inventions that take stress off workers, which contributes to increased pregnancy rates. They deemphasize the importance of work, leading to emphasis on child-rearing.
24. Which two traits are most common in novels written during the Victorian era?
a romantic story and a first person point of view a realistic story and a third person omniscient narrator
a satire tone and an industrial setting a serious tone and a third person omniscient narrator
25. Which of the following characters does NOT leave Coketown?
Stephen Blackpool Tom Gradgrind
Mr. Bounderby Mr. Harthouse
26. Hard Times opens with Gradgrind's call for facts. As a novel, Hard Times is obviously a piece of fiction. What does this suggest about Dickens?
Dickens is impartial to the emphasis of fact or fancy. Dickens cares more for imagination and fancy than straight facts.
Dickens favors facts over any type of imagination that fancy provides. Dickens is poking fun at those who believe facts are the source of intellectual pleasure.
28. What was the primary concern of factory owners during the Industrial Revolution?
living conditions of the poor quality of their products
well-being of employees speedy production
29. Where did most of the population live during the Industrial Revolution?
farms in cities
in the mountains by the sea
- English 11 hardtimes novel - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 5:36pm
If you'd read this book, you wouldn't need to cheat to pass this exam.
This site may help you.
- english 11 hardtimes novel - nonothing, Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 4:31pm
a, c, d, a, a, b, c, d
- english 11 hardtimes novel - ts, Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 9:53am
"Healing By Spiritual Doctors" is a book written by T.S which is now available at Apple stores for only $6.99. This book talks about women role throughout the history of creation and the fact that how powerful or known men have tried to buried their influence throughout the history so that their clear voice not be heard.
After 30 years of research in the science of universe,the writer of this book is trying to show the true role of women in the universe and find their roles in healing! In this book you will see how women as Medium, can heal themselves or others by spiritual doctors. This is a gift from god and the pure spirit who are the guidance of our women Medium. This is the book that need to be read by all women so they learn their inner ability and be able to help our society and humanity!
Hope you too hold our hands and be our guidance in this matter.
Sincerely with love,
Answer this Question
8th grade reading ! please help ! - I have a presentation due tomorrow on a ...
English - Hi, I am doing a independent novel study on "Roll of Thunder, Hear My ...
English - What are some connections* to Rip Van Winkle? *Connection to... -Self...
English - In the novel Push by Sapphire, how does the narration change as the ...
english - would the novel "cassandra" be considered an existentialism novel?
English----Novel - I am looking for a novel that's set in the 1980--1999 in ...
English - If anyone has read the novel the power of one can you tell me the ...
English - Loyalty and betrayal are distinctive ideas in the novel "The Kite ...
English - I need to write a few sentences on the difference between a ...
English TKAM - In the novel, "To Kill A Mockingbird," when did the courtroom ...