Posted by Sam on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:09am.
1. For revolutionaries like Sam Adams, the term _______ embraced a way of life, a core ideology, and an
uncompromising commitment to liberty and equality.
2. Which of the following best describes the Columbian Exchange that occurred during the Age of
A. It was a religious transformation.
B. It was an exchange of trade foods.
C. It was a genetic shift due to population interbreeding.
D. It was a cultural transformation.
3. At the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Madison drafted the plan presented by Virginia
Governor Randolph, and William Patterson of _______ presented a plan that was similar to the Articles of
A. South Carolina
C. New Jersey
4. The Committee of Correspondence was initiated by
A. Samuel Adams.
B. Ben Franklin.
C. John Adams.
D. Patrick Henry.
5. The Articles of Confederation called for which of the following?
A. A chief executive
B. The right of the legislature to assess taxes
C. The Northwest Ordinance
D. A single legislative body
6. Anti-Catholic sentiment erupted in Maryland when, in 1689, news arrived of the deposition of
A. Charles I.
B. Charles II.
C. James I.
D. James II.
7. Which of the following was the primary interest of the British government in approving James
Oglethorpe's Georgia colony?
A. Providing an asylum for British debtors
B. Thwarting Spanish claims in the area south of Carolina
C. Developing new lands for rice production
D. Increasing immigration to the southern colonies
8. Under the _______ system, Spanish conquistadores were rewarded with local villages and control over
the local labor force.
D. land reform
9. Which of the following statements is true of life in the New England colonies?
A. Only married women could exercise control of their property.
B. Literacy wasn't considered important.
C. Many New England women were prosperous entrepreneurs.
D. Those who aspired to the social elite had to be members of a Congregational church.
10. In which of the following colonial wars did the American colonists capture the fort at Louisbourg and
begin to crave domination over the entire western region that included the Ohio Valley?
A. King William's War
B. King George's War
C. War of Spanish Secession
D. Queen Anne's War
11. Which of the following is true with regards to the Navigation Acts by the eighteenth century?
A. The Navigation Act of 1696 abolished the American customs service.
B. In general, the colonists despised the acts and smuggling was rampant.
C. The colonists became used to buying and using British goods.
D. The acts replaced the colonial admiralty courts.
12. In America, the main influence of the Enlightenment was expressed through
A. family life.
B. moral values.
C. practical scientific experimentation.
D. philosophies of religion.
13. In Jefferson's view, George Washington's action in addressing the Whiskey Rebellion
A. was appropriate but not sufficiently bold.
B. wouldn't have been necessary save for the influence of Republican clubs.
C. amounted to an inappropriate overreaction.
D. was a fitting response to an immediate threat to the federal government.
14. With respect to the eighteenth century, the concept of the "middle ground" is helpful in
A. explaining the attitudes and preferences of the Scots-Irish.
B. understanding the attitudes of Indians living between the Appalachians and the Mississippi.
C. explaining the relationship between German and Scots-Irish settlers in the backcountry.
D. understanding the role of Catholic priests in California and the Spanish Southwest.
15. In 1777, who commanded the American soldiers who captured 5,800 British soldiers under General
Burgoyne at Saratoga?
A. George Washington
B. William Howe
C. Benedict Arnold
D. Horatio Gates
16. Before departing for what would become the Plymouth Colony, the Scrooby Separatists first lived for a
A. the Netherlands.
D. the Chesapeake.
17. In his Farewell Address, Washington warned against permanent foreign alliances and
A. lowering the tariff on imported goods.
B. the unjust oppression of black slaves.
C. the formation of political factions.
D. the power of the moneyed interests.
18. In the southern campaign launched by the British, Cornwallis lost a battle with the Americans under
Nathaniel Greene at
A. Charles Town.
19. Jacques Cartier sailed to the New World in 1534 in search of
End of exam
A. a northwest passage to China.
C. the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
20. Parliament passed the Coercive Acts, known in America as the Intolerable Acts, in response to
A. the Boston Massacre.
B. Patrick Henry's Resolves.
C. insults addressed to the customs commissioners.
D. the Boston Tea Party.
- Cheating? - Writeacher, Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:41am
Please note that we don't do students' assignments for them. Be sure to go back into your textbook or use a good search engine.
Once YOU have attempted to complete YOUR assignment (or is this a test?), please re-post and let us know what you think. Then someone here will be happy to comment on your thinking.
- Social Studies - Jeff, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:06am
3. At the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Madison drafted the plan presented by Virginia Governor Randolph, and William Patterson of _______ presented a plan that was similar to the Articles of Confederation.
B. South Carolina
D. New Jersey
Answer this Question
- american history - For revolutionaries like Sam Adams, what term embraced a way ...
- american history - For revolutionaries like sam adams. the term embraced a way ...
- American History - 1. The Articles of Confederation called for which of the ...
- THE AGE OF DISCOVERY TO THE AMERICAN EXPERIMENT - The Articles of Confederation ...
- POL 201 - _______ is core to the notion of ôlife, liberty and the pursuit of ...
- US History to 1877 - I long to hear that you have declared an independency -- ...
- Langue Art - Which of the following passages from the novel could be used to ...
- Language Arts- Johnny Tremain - Which of the following passages from the novel ...
- language arts - Which of the following passages from the novel could be used to ...
- Social Studies--Check My Answers Please-- - 1. During the election of 1824, ...