posted by rfvv on .
1. Many icebergs were melting because of the global warming.
2. Many icebergs were melting because the globe was warming.
( Is #1 the same aas #2?)
3. He went mountainclimbing.
4. He went driving with his son.
5. he went cooking to the center.
6. He went groceryshopping to the mart.
(Are the four sentences all correct grammatically?)
1 and 2 mean about the same thing, but a smoother sentence would be #1 without "the" in it.
3 - mountain climbing (2 words)
4 - OK
5 - He went to cook at the homeless center.
6 - grocery shopping at the ...