Posted by Tee on Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 1:10pm.
I have to choose a sculpture from the greece / rome era, and write down who the artist or which prehistoric culture its from. Since most of the sculptures don't have an artist, Can i write the sculpture is from the classical period? Does that count as a prehistoric culture? Because during the Greece era the periods were called classical.. archaic.... hellenistic..
- art - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 1:24pm
- art - Tee, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 1:51pm
which one of those cultures would the sculpture statue of eros sleeping come from? It was made 3rd century b.c.–early 1st century a.d.
- art - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:02pm
That's the Hellenistic Age.
- art - Tee, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:02pm
so is that considered the prehistoric culture?
- art - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:06pm
No. The Hellenistic was not a prehistoric culture. It had written documents.
- art - Tee, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:08pm
so the prehistoric culture of this sculpture is the bronze age, right?
- art - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:09pm
- art - Tee, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:11pm
its a sculpture not a building lol. But was i right ? Im so confused
- art - Writeacher, Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 2:21pm
In general, you can consider any sculpture from 900 BC or earlier to be 'prehistoric,' since the word means 'before writing.'
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- art history - Imagine that you are a prehistoric artist and write a 350 to 500 ...
- Art - An environment artist created a piece in protest of trash. Anticipation ...
- Art - an environment artist created a piece in protest of trash. Anticipation ...
- art - What is the most significant difference between the two sculptures below...
- Art history - Do i have to write about an artist for my poject on prehistoric ...
- Art - which of the following best describes artists inspiration? A. generally, ...
- art/photography - 1. In sandy skoglunds THE COCKTAIL PARTY what was the artist ...
- Math - An artist had 45 pieces of turquoise and 60 cat's eye marbles.each ...
- Art - A golden Byantine belt is imprinted with the figure of a hunting falcon. ...
- math - ART An artist is going to sell two sizes of prints at an art fair. The ...