Posted by fahd on Friday, June 8, 2012 at 1:23pm.
A CAR ACCELERATES TO 36M/S FOR 4 SECS BEFORE DECELERATING TO 32M/S FOR THE NEXT 6 SECS. CALCULATE THE DISTANCE
PLEASE PLEASE HELP
PHYSICS - Elena, Friday, June 8, 2012 at 3:07pm
v=a1•t => a=v/t =36/4 = 9 m/s²
s=at²/2=9•4²/2 =72 m.
s1=v•t1-a1•t1²/2 =36•6-(0.67•0.67)/2 =215.9 m.
S = s+s1 =72+215.9 = 287.9 m
PHYSICS - Elena, Friday, June 8, 2012 at 3:37pm
=36•6-(0.67•6²)/2 =203.94 m.
S = s+s1 =72+203.94 = 275.94 m
PHYSICS - MathMate, Friday, June 8, 2012 at 4:47pm
It is more accurate to work with fractions. The above calculations are correct except for minor rounding errors.
We also have to assume that the car started from rest, which was unfortunately not mentioned in the question.
If (2/3) had been used in place of 0.67, we would have got total distance = 276 m
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a motorisrt accelerates their car to 36m/s before realising they are ...
- Physics - Plot a velocity time graph of a motorcycle that accelerates from rest ...
- AP Biology - After an enzyme is mixed with its substrate, the amount of product ...
- science - 3.A rocket launched accelerates at 3.5m/s^2 in 5.90 secs and2.98m/s^2 ...
- science - A rocket launched accelerates at 3.5m/s^2 in 5.90 secs and2.98m/s^2 in...
- Physics - A driver of a car that is going 25 m/s suddenly notices a train ...
- physics - A car travels with uniform velocity of 30m for 5 secs and then comes ...
- Physics - a race car driver on a straight track starts the tryout from rest at t...
- AP Calculus AB - For an object whose velocity in ft/sec is given by v(t) = -t^2...
- calculus - A flea moves along the line y = -3 according to the equation: x = t^3...