Posted by Jewel on Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 9:17pm.
If the trend continued, in how many years would the median home value be $170,000? Show how obtained your answer using the linear equation you found in part c)
Suppose that the width of a rectangle is three feet shorter than length and that the perimeter of the rectangle is 86 feet.
Set up an equation for the perimeter involving only L, the length of the rectangle.
Solve this linear equation algebraically to find the length of the rectangle. Find the width as well.
Using the same width from your answer or part b), find a new perimeter when the new length is five less than three times the width.
Explain the work in one or two sentences.
Algebra - Henry, Friday, June 8, 2012 at 2:54pm
b. Length = L Ft.
Width = (L-3) Ft.
P = 2L + 2(L-3).
P = 2L + 2L - 6 = 86.
4L = 86 + 6 = 92
L = 23 Ft.
W = L - 3 = 32 - 3 = 29 Ft.
c. Width = 29 Ft.
Length = (3W-5) = (3*29 - 5 = 82 Ft.
P = 2L + 2W = 2*82 + 2*29 = 222 Ft.
Algebra - Henry, Friday, June 8, 2012 at 3:06pm
b. Correction: W = L-3 = 23 - 3 = 20 Ft.
c. Width = 20 Ft.
Length = (3W-5) = 3*20 - 5 = 55 Ft.
P = 2L + 2W = 2*55 + 2*20 = 150 Ft.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - If trend for the depreciation of the press continued, what would be ...
- Algebra - If the trend for the growth in the median home value continues=d, what...
- algebra - _______________________________________ MATH133 Unit 1 Individual ...
- math - Solve the following algebraically. Trial and error is not an appropriate ...
- calculus - writing an exponential equation The function gives the value of a ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 10 feet more than twice its width. The ...
- algebra - The table show the median home prices in Florida what is the equation ...
- Calculus - The median value of a home in a particular market is decreasing ...
- math - I can't seem to figure this out. It is for my study guide. Please help. ...
- Algebra 1- Help please - Belinda wants to invest $1000. The table below shows ...