Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 10:46pm.
The width of a rectangle is three fourths of the length. The perimeter of the rectangle becomes 50 cm when the legth and the width are each increased by two cm. Find the length and the width
- Algebra - Anonymous, Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 11:42pm
Looks like a case for substitution.
width = w
length = l
width = 3/4 length
w = 3/4l
2(w + 2) + 2(l + 2) = 50cm
(2w + 4) + (2l + 4) = 50cm
Substitute w with the information you were given earlier (the width of a rectangle is three fourths the length):
2(3/4l) + 4 + 2l + 4 = 50cm
2(3/4l) + 2l + 8 = 50cm
6/4l + 2l = 42cm
1.5l + 2l = 42cm
3.5l = 42cm
l = 12cm
3/4(12cm) = 9cm
length = 12cm
width = 9cm
- Algebra - esrekae, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 7:13pm
what is the perimeter of the rectangle w/ length x+4/x+3 and width 2x-3/x+3
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- algebra - Perimeter of a rectangle. The width of a rectangle is three fourths of...
- algebra - The width of a rectangle is three fourths the length. The perimeter of...
- math - The width of a rectangle is three fourths of the length. The perimeter of...
- geometric - The perimeter of a rectangular carpet is 70feet. The with is three -...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- Algebra - If the trend continued, in how many years would the median home value ...
- College Algebra - Suppose that the length of a rectangle is 3 inches longer than...
- Maths - A rectangle has legth & width in the ratio of 3:2.If the length is ...
- algebra , help - Can someone help me set up the equations thanks. Directions: ...