Posted by pallavi on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 3:00am.
A contractor is interested in the total cost of a project on which he intends to bid. He estimates that materials will cost rs 25,000 and that his labour will be rs900 per day. If he the project takes X days to complete,the total cost of the project (in rupees) will be given as:
there is a table which gives the completion time, in days, for theproject.
Completion time X (days) : Probability
10 : 0.1
11 : 0.3
12 : 0.3
13 : 0.2
14 : 0.1
Find the mean and variance for completion time X.
For mean which is E(x) : i got 11.9
Variance V(x): i got 176.7
standard deviation (x), i got 5.92
Now find the mean and variance for total cost C.
Mean= c=25000 +900x
=(25000+ 900 v(x)
25000 + 900x
=25000+900 x 11.9
but am having problem to find the variance??
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - f a contractor pays an average wage of $20.00 per hour and wants to make ...
- math - If a contractor pays an average wage of $20.00 per hour and wants to make...
- accounting - # 1 Takers,Inc.provide the following results: 2004 2003 Units 2,400...
- economics - Teddy Bear, Inc., a rapidly growing manufacturer of high fashion ...
- accounting II - 3. Definitions of manufacturing concepts Interstate ...
- Economics - The accompanying table shows a car manufacturer’s total cost of ...
- accounting - i need help working through this! i am stuck. 3. Definitions of ...
- Math - An engineerâ€™s plan shows a canal with a trapezoidal cross section that ...
- Project Mangament - I am doing on a project on Building Home Depot. how would I ...
- Managerial ECON - The chief economist for Argus Corporation, a large appliance ...