Posted by Ashley on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 1:22pm.
I. Correct any errors in the following sentences. Do not use different verbs (for example, “recline” instead of “lie down”). Provide the correct form of the verb given:
1. Yesterday I let my students lay down for a nap, but most of them preferred to set in their seats and read.
Yesterday I let my students lie down for a nap, but most of them preferred to sit in their seats and read.
2. Each morning I raise at six o’clock, and I have rose at noon only once.
Each morning I rise at six o’ clock, and I have risen at noon only once.
3. I have laid down every day right after lunch, and my wife lay down this afternoon at three o’clock.
I lay down every day right after lunch and my wife laid down this afternoon at three o’ clock.
4. Each of that student’s essays has been great, but her brothers or her mother is helping too much.
Each of the students essays have been great, but her brother’s or her mother is helping too much.
5. If I was to give you more time with this, would you do a better job?
If I gave you more time with this, would you do a better job?
6. Many people would have helped if they would have known her problem.
Many people would have helped if they would have known the problem.
7. If I was to vote on that issue, I would vote against the proposal.
If I were to vote on that issue, I would have voted against the proposal.
8. I would give her more help if I was able to afford it.
I would have gave her more help if I was able to afford it.
9. A student cannot avoid to alienate some teachers.
A student can’t avoid alienating some teachers.
10. I seen her do it, but she drunk too much to remember.
I saw her do it, but she drink to much to remember.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - How do I know when to use lay or lie? Thank you for using the Jiskha ...
- English ASAP Please - Which one of the following sentences is grammatically ...
- Grammar - Rewrite each of these sentences, correcting any errors in subject-verb...
- English - 16. I told the child to _____ down for a nap. When he finally fell ...
- English. - i told the child to.....down for a nap. when he finally fell asleep I...
- English - Need to correct the verb if not correct and if correct just leave. ...
- English - Which sentence uses lie or lay correctly? (1 point) Please lay your ...
- English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...
- Language Arts - Having trouble on this. On the sentence below you are supposed ...
- grammar (troublesome verbs) - Write the form of the underlined verb indicated in...