Posted by Mohammad on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 10:29pm.
Richard Cory poemm
it ask give some points from poem to make character of this good guy. i say that he not be happy with his life even if he be rich because he shoot himself in end of poem that mean that wealth not buy happiness. do this be awareness it be spreading?
Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.
And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.
And he was rich—yes, richer than a king,
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.
So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - What are the character traits for Richard Cory in the poem "Richard ...
- POEM - has anyone read Richard Cory? if anyone has, tell me why cory shot ...
- literature - what makes the poem Richard Cory a good example of a modern poem ?
- English - What character trait is seen in "Richard Cory" when it says "But still...
- english - Whenever Richard Cory went down town, We people on the pavement ...
- POETRY, PART 2 - 4. Which one of the following poems depends heavily on the use...
- English - Okay my English teacher set up this assignment to relate a person (...
- English - What is the meaning of 'guy'? Is it a boy or a man? Can we use 'guy' ...
- [english] richard cory vs miniver cheevy - i am writing an essay about two ...
- English - For the Richard Cory poem: 1) What is the denotation of "crown" in ...