Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 5:05pm.
Three points P, Q and R are on a level ground. Q is 240m from P on a bearing of 230°. R is 120m to the east of P.
(a) Using a scale of 1cm to represent 40m, draw a diagram to show the positions of P, Q and R in the space provided below.
(b) Determine :
(i) the distance of R from Q;
(ii) the bearing of R from Q
(c) A vertical post stands at P and another one at Q. A bird tales 18 seconds to fly directly from the top of the post at Q to the top of the post at P. Given that the angle of depression of the top of the post at P from the top of the post at Q is 9°
(i) The distance, to the nearest meter, the bird covers;
(ii) The speed of the bird in km/h
math - Steve, Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 5:31pm
if P is at (0,0), then we have
so, RQ = 341
bearing = 180° + arctan(304/154) = 243°
math - Steve, Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 5:37pm
d = 341/cos9° = 345m
speed = 345m/18s * 1km/1000m * 3600s/hr = 69km/hr
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - Three points P, Q and R are on a level ground. Q is 240m from P on a ...
- Presbyterian Boys' Senior High - Q, P and R are three villages on a level ground...
- MATH - PLEASE HELP ME! I'm not a math student and this is very hard for me. I'm ...
- ENGLISH/MATH HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - NYS ELA 7 Score - Level 2 (...
- physics - A projectile is launched from ground level at an angle of 45 degrees ...
- math(bearing) - Three points X,Y and Z lying in the same horizontal plane are ...
- maths - Choose the 2 true statements? A) using Naismith's rule to plan a walk ...
- Math - Draw a velocity vector to represent the following (1cm represents 10km/h...
- math - choose 2 true statements A) using Naismith's rule to plan a walk would ...
- math - the figure represents a building in the shape of a regular hexagon. using...