Posted by Lourane on Friday, June 1, 2012 at 10:55pm.
Find the volume of an industrial tank in the form of a horizontal cylinder whose radius si 2.6 yd, and whose length is 8.4 yd Repport your answer to thenearest tenth of a cubic yard and use 3.14
college math - MathMate, Friday, June 1, 2012 at 11:09pm
For a cylinder:
college math - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 1, 2012 at 11:09pm
V = pi * r^2 * h
college math - MathMate, Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 8:39am
You have posted:
"In regards to my question radius 2.6 yd
length 8.4, 3.14 I used that formula
and somewhere i went wrong ikeep coming up with the answer 68.5776 whichis none of the choices given."
Both of the responses above indicate
which means that
volume = π × r × r × h
Your answer 68.5776 corresponds to
π × r × h, so it is 2.6 times smaller than the correct answer.
Please try again with the correct formula. If you have problems, please post a follow-up here.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find the volume of a tank in the form of horizontal cylinder whose radius...
- geometry - find the volume of an industrial tank in the form of a horizontal ...
- Geometry - What is the volume of a horizontal cylinder whose radius is 2.6 yd,...
- math - . Find the volume of the sphere with a radius of 9. Use ð = 3.14 and ...
- math help - 1.Find the volume of a cube whose sides each measure 3.9. Round ...
- Math - How many cubic units are in the volume of a cylinder whose height is four...
- college algebra - A propane tank has the shape of a circular cylinder with a ...
- geometry - A propane tank is in the form of a cylinder with two half-spheres, ...
- MATH QUIZ PLS HELP!!! - 1.Find the lateral area of a cone with a radius of 7 ft...
- math - if a cylinder with a height equal to its diameter has a volume of 20 ...