Posted by rfvv on .
Posted by rfvv on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 2:12am.
1. The lizard is walking on a branch.
2. The lizard is running on a branch.
3. The lizard is creeping on a branch.
4. The parrot is singing.
5. The parrot is chirping.
6. The parrot is twittering.
(Can we use all the expressions?)
English - Writeacher, Monday, May 28, 2012 at 8:09am
The grammar in all sentences is fine, but I wouldn't use chirping or twittering with the parrot sentences. Singing is fine, but I'd also use talking.
Thank you for your help.
1. The parrot is mimicking my voice.
2. The parrot is mimicking my words.
3. The parrot is imitating my saying.
(What about the sentences above?)
Yes, your corrections are very good! Parrots can also learn to sing as they imitate humans' voices. It takes lots of repetition, but they can do that!