Please see my answers to your previous post.
15 is also right.
1. The speaker’s use of many exclamation points and imperative statements in “Beat! Beat! Drums!” helps readers feel the tone’s (Points : 3)
2. With what kind of life are the images in the second stanza of “Beat! Beat! Drums!” are usually linked? (Points : 3)
the life of animals in the wild
the life of city dwellers
the life of farmers and ranchers
the life of the nation’s colonists
3. What emotion does the speaker of “Bivouac on a Mountain Side” express in the poem’s last line? (Points : 3)
his awe at the starry sky above the camp
his fear for the camp’s safety
his pride in the soldiers’ achievement
his desire to rest by one of the campfires
4. Of what are the Ohio farm’s fields in autumn symbols in “Come Up from the Fields Father”? (Points : 3)
of gladness for life’s bounty
of sorrow for life’s injustices
of grief for life’s end
of pride for life’s riches
5. What do readers discover at the conclusion of “Come Up from the Fields Father”? (Points : 3)
that Pete’s little sisters do not understand what has happened to him
that Pete’s father wants revenge for his son’s death
that Pete’s mother is overwhelmed by grief for her son
that Pete’s family is still waiting for him to return from war
6. In Whitman’s poem “Reconciliation,” a man is present at the coffin of (Points : 3)
a dear friend whom he grieves.
a brother who has died in battle.
a man whom he unjustly murdered.
an enemy soldier with whom he fought in battle.
7. The conflict that led Rupert Brooke to write “The Soldier” is (Points : 3)
World War I.
World War II.
the Korean War.
the Vietnam War.
8. What tone does the speaker’s patriotism in “The Soldier” lend the poem? (Points : 3)
an irate tone
an amusing tone
an uncertain tone
an inspiring tone
9. Read these lines, which end the first stanza of Whitman’s “Come Up from the Fields Father”:
(Smell you the smell of grapes on the vines?
Smell you the buckwheat where the bees were lately buzzing?)
Whitman uses sensory language in these two lines of the poem to help readers understand
(Points : 3)
what a happy, prosperous day was ended by the terrible news.
what a good and fulfilling life farmers lead.
what horrible destruction battles wreak on the land.
what a happy home the soldier has left behind.
10. The speaker in the poem “In Flanders Fields” expresses (Points : 3)
his intense hatred of war and its destruction.
his inability to understand why he had to die.
his steadfast belief in the rightness of and need for military action.
his memories of happy days as a child in England.
11. Owen uses imagery and similes in the first stanza of “Dulce et Decorum Est” to describe the soldiers’ (Points : 3)
12. How does the speaker in Wilfred Owen’s “Dulce et Decorum Est” feel about people who romanticize war and celebrate its violence? (Points : 3)
He admires them.
He agrees with them.
They amuse him.
They disgust him.
13. The title of Stephen Crane's "War Is Kind," as well as the reasons that the speaker gives the maiden, the child, and the mother not to weep give this poem its (Points : 3)
14. In “War Is Kind,” a flag described as “unexplained glory” flies over the doomed soldiers’ heads, suggesting that the soldiers (Points : 3)
fully understand the sacrifice they make.
are nobly dying for their country.
are dying for unclear, insufficient reasons.
are the only victims of war’s destruction.
15. What poetic form does Sara Teasdale use to express the unimportance of human life to nature in “There Will Come Soft Rains”? (Points : 3)
one long stanza
language art CHECK - Will somebody please check this for me and see if i used ...
English-CHECK PLEASE - Ok, I figured this out (I think) but can you please check...
English please check my answer - please check to see if I have the right answer ...
To Jiskha Teachers ~ - Please reply my science post I really want to know if Im...
Math 157 - Can someone please help me. At a quality control checkpoint on a ...
Math - Can someone please help me. At a quality control checkpoint on a ...
English - Could you please quickly check this sentence? Thank you very much. 1) ...
Spanish-Please check - Please check-Thank you I come from the library. Yo vengo...
Math (Check) - The equation y = a^x is a decreasing function a = 1) 1 2) 2 3) -3...
English please check my answer - Please check my answer thank you Cardiology is ...