Posted by Lourane on Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 7:28pm.
in regard to my question find the median
I put them into numeriacal order as
follows 1400, 1550, 1700, 2500. 7000.
the median should 1700 + 2500
total 4200 divided by 2
- college math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 7:32pm
The median is the middle number. The median is 1700.
You're thinking of the mean.
- college math - me, Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 12:41pm
If you're talking about the median, then you're missing a number in your list.
Your list is:
1400, 1550, 1700, 2500, 7000
which has 5 numbers.
The median (the middle number) would be the 3rd, which in this case is 1700.
If you want the median to be [(1700 + 2500) / 2] = 2100; then you would need another number that is greater than or equal to 2500 in your list.
1400, 1550, 1700, 2500, 2500, 7000
Now your list has 6 numbers and the median would be the average of the 3rd and 4th number (which would equal 2100).
Otherwise your median is 1700.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- college - The company Animania has employees with monthly salaries of $1700, $...
- maths-- compound interest - find the compund interest on $2500 for one year at 4...
- math!! - what does median mean...? median is the middle number when u put them ...
- math mean median mode - which of the following shows the order from least to ...
- math correction - heres another problem can someone correct it for me... find ...
- maths - 1. Identify two examples of exponential r/s 2. The data below shows how ...
- social studies - can anyone help me with this chart 1. Distribution of Wealth in...
- Basic math - The company Acceptance had employees with monthly salaries of $1,...
- UOP - 7) What is the relationship of the Mean, Median and Mode as Measures of ...
- math - The weekly demand for the Pulsar 25 color LED television is represented ...