Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:36am.
Is this English to Spanish correct?
Today I'm going to write a letter to you about my daily routine from morning to night. Before school, I wake up at 6:30 A.M. and brush my teeth and get dressed. By 6:45 I am ready to eat breakfast. I am very sleepy at this time. Then I go to school, and after I come back in the evening, I first undress, at 4:00 P.M. Then I eat a snack, and get started on my homework. By 9:00 P.M. I brush my teeth, put on my pajamas, and lay down to sleep.
Hoy voy a escribir una carta a usted acerca de mi rutina diaria de la mañana a la noche. Antes de la escuela, me despierto a las 6:30 de la mañana y cepillarme los dientes y vestirse. A las 6:45 estoy listo para tomar el desayuno. Estoy con mucho sueño en este momento. Luego voy a la escuela, y después de que yo vuelva por la tarde, PM me desnudo en primer lugar, a las 4:00 Luego de comer un bocadillo, y empezar a trabajar en mi tarea. Por 21:00 Me cepillo los dientes, se puso el pijama y se acostó a dormir.
Spanish - Writeacher, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:54am
I've sent the link to your question to Sra. One thing I'll tell you right now -- go back in and put the accent marks where they belong!! If you don't know how to do that on computer, let us know.
Spanish - mysterychicken, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:55am
1. In the works of Frida Kahlo, once can see the extreme happiness she felt. -False
2. José Martí died in a battle against the United States. -False because I think it was a battle again Spanish troops?
3. In Mexico, most of the celebrations come from Incan traditions. -Not sure
4. In the U.S. one can see some Hispanic traditions with a religious origin. -T?
Spanish - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 1:59pm
First of all, beginning the letter with "Beloved Mary" would mean that you are on a first-name basis. If she is about the same age as you, or in your family, it is odd to use the formal "usted" rather than the familiar "tú." Aside from that, I'll check the rest of what you have.
Hoy le voy a escribir a usted OR Hoy te voy a escribir a ti...
me cepillo los dientes (no reason to use an infinitive here, but a conjugated verb)...y me visto.
estoy lista (you are feminine, not masculine)
Tengo mucho sueño = better for I'm sleepy
después de volver = much easier here with an infinitive
This is an incomplete sentence: Luego de comer un bocadillo, y empezar a trabajar en mi tarea
Plus, without proper punctuation (the period at the end of the preceding sentence), I thought this was part of that sentence.
me puse...me acosté
Main question here: Are you telling this in the "historical" present tense or are you to use the Preterit? Being consistent is always best.
Spanish - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 2:01pm
For the 2nd part:
3. Incas in el Perú, Aztecs in México.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- spanish - this is my Spanish assignment: Write a letter to a friend in Spanish ...
- spanish - here's what i got so far, for my spanish daily routine assigment: In ...
- spanish - is this translated right? In the morning I wake up at 8:30 a.m. The ...
- spanish - Are these the correct way to write the spanish sentences? : - in the ...
- spanish - Write a letter in Spanish in which you describe something that ...
- spanish - please revise my spanish part, make corrections, and add accent where ...
- Spanish - Help. I need in Spanish! Write a short paragraph explaining some ...
- spanish - What is the correct sentence to say: I am going to wake up early.
- Spanish please test tommorrow - can you please help me translate the answers 1...
- SPANISH - I Need to write a letter to a girl in spanish for my spanish class. ...