Posted by Sam on Friday, May 25, 2012 at 3:36am.
What is the standard form of this parabola:
Please Help, parabolas are evil.
Precal - drwls, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 3:41am
Divide both sides by -2 and complete the square for the x^2 binomial.
x^2 -8x -12y +112 = 0
x^2 -8x +16 -12y +96 = 0
(x -4)^2 -12(y-8) = 0
Precal - Delbarre, Friday, May 25, 2012 at 3:42am
solution:you must be solved for the y of way implicit
and solve it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - How can I tell what direction this parabola open up -2x^2 +16x+24y-224...
- precal help - Find a Parabola with Vertex (3,1) Focus (4,1) Find the vertex of ...
- PRECAL - Find a Parabola with Vertex (3,1) Focus (4,1) Find the vertex of 4y^2+...
- Parabola - 3y^2+24y+72x-96=0 Can anyone put this in standard form: (y - k)2 = 4p...
- Algebra: Parabolas - I have a math problem that requires me to find the focal ...
- Math - algebraish - hey how do we convert y=mx+b to standard form? the standard ...
- Parabolas in standard form! - Hello, I am having the worst time trying to solve ...
- Parabola - How do I put this parabola in standard form? Could someone show how ...
- Algebra 2 - 16x^2+16y^2-16x+24y-3=0 How do I solve this?
- Alg II/Trig - A parabola has a vertex at (0,0); a horizontal axis; and the point...