Posted by lilman on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 10:06am.
The vertices of a triangle are P(-8,1), Q(-6,-8), and R(4,-3) Name the vertices of the image reflected across the x-axis.
P1(-8,1), Q1(-6,8), and R1(4,3)
- geometry - MathMate, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 10:57am
All good except P1.
Can you spot the error?
- geometry - lilman, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 4:31pm
The only choices they give are;
Soo I don't understand
- geometry - MathMate, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 5:37pm
Your answer does not correspond to any of the choices, neither does mine!
So there is probably is mistake in posting the question.
Once you start using the correct question, think of the following.
There is a general misconception about multiple choices in mathematics.
The safest way to use the multiple choices is NOT to look at the answers. Try to do the calculations yourself, figure out the answer, THEN check which answer corresponds to yours. In a way, you use the choices to check your answer.
Here we are talking about reflection about the x-axis. What does that mean to you in terms of transformations?
You have probably learned that reflection about the x-axis is the transformation:
T(x,y) -> (x,-y)
Apply the transformation to each of the three points and then look for the correct choice. You can't miss it.
- geometry - lilman, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 8:49pm
I think I got it P1(-1,-1), Q1(-6,-8),R1(4,3)
- geometry - MathMate, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 8:55pm
I do not believe that the 4 given choices correspond to the question.
Either there is a typo in the question, or the answer.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - The vertices of a triangle are P(–8, 1), Q(–6, –8), and R(4, –3). ...
- Geometry ONE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTION PLEASE HELP! - The vertices of a triangle ...
- Help with triangle - I need help with these: Triangle LMN has vertices L(-6,5), ...
- geometry - the vertices of a triangle are p(2,8, q(-8,-7)and r(5,-6). name the ...
- Math - ∆ABChas vertices A(–1, –2), B(–4, –4), and C(–3, –5). Graph ∆...
- Math Geometry - A triangle has vertices P(a,b), Q(c,d), and R(e,f). You are ...
- 6th grade math - The vertices of triangle ABC are a(8,23) B(2,2) C(2,8). What ...
- Geometry - I need help with vertices! The vertices of triangle FGH are F(1,1), G...
- algebra - The vertices's of triangle ABC are A(-1,2), b(0,3), and c(3,1). ...
- math - Triangle ABC below is reflected across the y-axis and then translated 1 ...