posted by Jack on .
Writeacher,could you please check if all these sentences are possible?
1) I’m sure he didn’t rob the bank.
He can't have robbed the bank
He couldn't have robbed the bank . (is this possible?)
2) I’m certain he stole the ring
He must have stolen a ring.
He will have stolen a ring. (?)
3) It is possible that he will be invited to Peter’s wedding.
He may be invited to...
He could be invited to..
4) I’m very unsure if I will pass my driving test.
He might pass ...(Not he shouldn't pass)
5) He is likely to visit us tonight.
He should/ought to visit us tonight.
All are fine, yes.