Posted by Rianna on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 5:48am.
The mean mass of 35 bags of potatoes on a truck is 49 kg. Eight more bags of mean mass 53 kg are added to the truck. What is the new mean mass of the potatoes? Round your answer to the nearest whole kg.
Year 11 Maths B - MathMate, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 7:29am
n1=35, total mass, m1 = 35*49 = 1715
n2=8, total mass, m2 = 8*53 = 424
Total bag count = n1+n2
total mass = m1+m2
New mean mass = (m1+m2)/(n1+n2)
Year 11 Maths B - Anna, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 8:14am
So does that mean
Total bag count: 43
Total Mass: 2139
New mean mass: 49.74418605
Round it to the nearest kilo
Is that correct???
Year 11 Maths B :) - MathMate, Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 8:50am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A sample of 120 bags of potatoes produced by a factory was found to have ...
- Physics - Some bags (the mass of each bag is 50 kg) are put in the truck of 200 ...
- statistics - Potatoes - Samples: Assume the weights of Farmer Carl's potatoes ...
- math - Natalie is buying potatoes at the grocery store. If she buys 6 potatoes ...
- MATHS - A three-tonne truck is allowed to have a gross mass (when fully loaded) ...
- Math - A restaurant uses 80 pounds of potatoes per week. The restaurant owner ...
- Math - I have 10 dozen potatoes which must be equally divided into 20 bags. How ...
- Science - The mass of a baggage loaded truck and the mass of one bag are given...
- maths - Please help with this question.The mean weight of the contents of ...
- maths,science, physics - A truck of mass 4×10^3 moving at 3.5 ms^-1 collides ...