Posted by Janae on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:22pm.
write the equation of the line with slope 2 that passes through the point (-1,5)
- Math - Jai, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:35pm
recall slope-point form:
y - y1 = m(x - x1)
m = slope
(x1, y1) = point on the line
y - 5 = 2(x - (-1))
y = 2(x + 1) + 5
y = 2x + 2 + 5
y = 2x + 7
hope this helps` :)
- Math - Janae, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:38pm
write y-3=-5(x+1) in slope-intercept form ?
- Math - Jai, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:40pm
Note that slope-intercept form is in the form
y = mx + b
m = slope
b = y-intercept
y - 3 = -5(x + 1)
y = -5x - 5 + 3
y = -5x - 2
Answer this Question
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- math - A line passes through the origin and the point (-6, 4). Write the ...
- Algebra II - Can you make sure my Algebra II work is correct? I've done the ...
- algebra - Write the equation of the line that passes through point (5, 4) with a...
- Math 101 - Find the equation for each of the following items below: a. A line ...
- algebra - 1. write an equation of the line that passes through the point and has...
- math - I have a few question so I will number them off. Please answer them for ...
- Algebra (grade 9) - Write an equation in point-slope form of the line that ...
- Geometry - How do I write an equation of a line perpendicular to the graph of -...
- Algebra - I'm suppose to write an equation with the following information: Line ...