Posted by Janae on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:22pm.
write the equation of the line with slope 2 that passes through the point (-1,5)
Math - Jai, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:35pm
recall slope-point form:
y - y1 = m(x - x1)
m = slope
(x1, y1) = point on the line
y - 5 = 2(x - (-1))
y = 2(x + 1) + 5
y = 2x + 2 + 5
y = 2x + 7
hope this helps` :)
Math - Janae, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:38pm
write y-3=-5(x+1) in slope-intercept form ?
Math - Jai, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:40pm
Note that slope-intercept form is in the form
y = mx + b
m = slope
b = y-intercept
y - 3 = -5(x + 1)
y = -5x - 5 + 3
y = -5x - 2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Math please. - What is the y-intercept of y = 2/3x + 2? I have to write it out ...
- Math - What is the y-intercept of y = 2/3x + 2? I have to write it out but how? ...
- Algebra - 1.Tell whether the sequence is arithmetic. If it is, what is the ...
- Algebra II - Can you make sure my Algebra II work is correct? I've done the ...
- math - A line passes through the origin and the point (-6, 4). Write the ...
- algebra - Write the equation of the line that passes through point (5, 4) with a...
- Math - 1. Use point-slope form to write the equation of a line that has a slope ...
- Mathematics - Can someone check my answers? 1. For the data in the table, does y...