Posted by Xochil on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 9:41pm.
A car is moving at the rate of 60 miles per hour, and the diameter of its wheels is 2.5 feet (1 mile=5280 feet)
a) Find the angular speed of the wheels in radians per minute
b) Find the number of revolutions per minute the wheels are rotating.
- Pre-calc - Xochil, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 10:26pm
I shouldve known better than to actually think i was gunna get help...
- Pre-calc - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 11:27pm
V = linear speed
r = radius
omega = angular velocity
RPM = Revolutions per minute
r = diameter / 2
60 mph = 60 * 5280 ft
V = r * omega
60 * 5280 = ( 2.5 / 2 ) * omega
316,800 = 1.25 omega Divide both sides ba 1,25
316,800 / 1.25 = omega
253,440 = omega
omega = 253,440 radians / h Divide both sides by 60
omega = 253,440/ 60
omega = 4,224 radians / min
1 rotation = 2 pi radians
RPM = 4,224 / 2 pi
RPM = 2112/ pi
RPM = 2112 / 3.1416
RPM = 672.2689 rotation / min
- Pre-calc - Anonymous, Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 12:37am
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Trignometry - A car is moving at a rate of 55 mph and the diameter of its wheels...
- Math - A car is moving at a rate of 60 miles per hour. the diameter of the ...
- Honors Pre-Calculus - It is known that when a car with wheels of radius 14 in. ...
- Algebra 1 - A car travels on a highway at an average speed of 65 miles per hour...
- physics - An automobile traveling 80 mi/hr has wheels 31 inches in diameter. If ...
- trigonometry - A truck with 48-in.-diameter wheels is traveling at 55 mi/h. Find...
- Math - A truck with 40-in.-diameter wheels is traveling at 50 mi/h. a) Find the ...
- L PreCal - A car is moving at a rate of 65 miles per housr and the diameter of ...
- Math - A truck with 36-in.-diameter wheels is traveling at 55 mi/h. Find the ...
- Trigonometry - a bicycle with 24inch diameter wheels is traveling at 15mi/hr. a...