Posted by dw on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 5:46pm.
directions-combine each pair of sentences using the conjunction shown. in combining the pairs,use the underlined repeated words and phrases only once.make any necessary changes in words. add a comma in compound sentences.
example- you can see art in a museum.
you can see art in a gallery. (or)
you can see art in a museum or gallery.
1-the empire state building is a famous skyscraper.the chrysler _________________ uilding is a famous skyscraper.(and)
my son write- the empire state building,and the chrysler building are to famous skycraper.
2-new york city has many parks. james likes central park best.(but)
my son write- james likes to play in central park,but it is in new york.
3-visitors can go to a baseball game.
__________________ visitors can go to _______________
__ a basketball game.(or)
my son write- visitors can go to a baseball or a basketball game.
directions write two short,related sentences about a city you have visited. then combine the sentences using a conjunction. remember to add a comma.
my son write- my cousin sister has visted disneyland but, disneyland is in flordia.
check it is right or not thank you
3 grade english ms sue - dw, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 5:50pm
in first example sentence underline (you can see art in a)(you can see art in a)
1- sentence underline (famous skyscraper)
2- there no underline word
3- sentence underline (visitors can go to)(visitors can go to)
3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:02pm
1. The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building are two famous skyscrapers.
2. New York City has many parks, but James likes Central Park best.
3. OK -- but be sure to use proper capitalization and punctuation.
I don't understand your second post.
3 grade english ms sue - dw, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:57pm
Is it suppose to go like this:My cousin sister went to Disney Land , but she didn't feel like going all the to Florida.
now check agian i hope now you will get second post. sorry for the capitalization and punctuation
second post is -write two short,related sentences about a city you have visited. then combine the sentences using a conjunction. remember to add a comma.
i write on top the sentence now check please thank you
3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 7:08pm
Your sentence doesn't mention a city.
Your son could write:
I visited New York City. I liked the tall buildings.
I visited New York City, and I liked the tall buildings.
3 grade english ms sue - dw, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 8:11pm
thank you very much
3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 8:14pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - how would i combine these sentences using compound subj. and verbs...
- english - Correct each run-on sentence. Combine each pair of sentences into one ...
- English - Coordinating conjunctions are these: FANBOYS (for, and, nor, but, or, ...
- Grammar - A compound sentence is: A) At least three simple sentences connected ...
- English - What is the coordinating conjunctions that can be used to combine two ...
- English - my son has vocabulary words using in sentences, I don't understand ...
- english - the coordinating conjunctions that can be used to combine two ...
- writing - Combines the pairs of sentences below into compound sentenvces three ...
- English/Spelling - Here is a list of words. 1. moral, 1. morality 2. mental, 2. ...
- ELA - Which of the following would be an appropriate way to add variety to your ...