Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 5:31pm.
2. In the last stanza of "Tableau", the boys
a. angrily confront the adults of the town
b. happily continue walking
c. sadly go their separate ways
d. speak to each other loudly
3. Which of the following quotations from "The River Merchant's Wife" is the BEST example of an objective correlative?
a. "And I will come out to meet you"
b. "The monkeys make sorrowful noise overhead"
c. "At sixteen you departed"
d. "Please let me know beforehand"
4. The jar in "Anecdote of the Jar" can be seen as a metaphor for
a. the slovenly wilderness of Tennessee
b. the crushing boredom of nature
c. humanity's interaction with nature
d. humanity's love of wilderness areas
5. The use of apostrophe in "Chicago"
a. shows possession
b. reveals the speaker's anxiety
c. makes the poem confusing
d. gives the poem immediacy
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - please check my answers: 1. In "go Down, Death", Death is ...
- English - 1. He is looking at the baby happily. 2. Happily, he is looking at the...
- English - In the sentences below, which of the bolded adverbs is used to ...
- English for Fernanda - In the sentences below, which of the bolded adverbs is ...
- celebrating Diversity - To welcome a child who doesn't speak English, it would ...
- LA Help! - Both Ernesto from barrio boy and the boy in "A Day's Wait" interact ...
- Language arts - Both Enersto from Barrion Boy and the boy in a days wait ...
- Child Care - To welcome a child who doesn't speak English, it would be ...
- English - Which of the following options best demonstrates sentence fluency? d. ...
- writing - Both Ernesto from barrio boy and the boy in "A Day's Wait" interact ...