Posted by lilman on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 7:04pm.
--------------- QUESTION FOLLOWS --------------------------
Can someone Please help I definitely do not know how to do this.
A)Find x, to find x you need to add the arc measures together and set the expression equal to the total degrees of circle then solve for X, must show all steps.
B)Is the triangle equilateral, isosceles, or scalene, explain, plug your x-value from A into each of the arc measures to find what each arc measures.
Apply the Inscribed Angles Theorem to find <P, <R, <S.
Use the angle measure from step 2 above to determine what type of triangle you have.
The picture is a circle with a triangle inside, QP=(8x-10) and PR=(6x), and QR=(10x+10) QP and PR are the sides and QR is the bottom.
Sure hope someone can help.
- circle inscribed - Reiny, Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 8:48pm
According to the wording of part a) your description of
QP= 8x-10, PR = 6x etc
must have said
arc QP = 8x-10 etc
so 8x-10 + 6x + 10x+10 = 360
24x = 360
x = 15
so arc QP = 8(15) - 10 = 110°
PR = 90°
QR = 160°
By the inscribed angle theorem, the angle opposite the arc must be half the central angle subtended by the arc. Then....
angle R = 55°
angle Q =45°
angle P = 80°
looks like plain old scalene triangle
Answer this Question
- circles - a. To find X, you will need to add the arc measures together and set ...
- circles and arcs - YOU have a circle with a traingle inside. P being the top of ...
- geometry - Angle C is an inscribed angle of circle P. Angle C measures (-3x - 6...
- geometry - m<S=30, m(arc)RS=84,and RU is tangent to the circle at R find m<...
- math - the radius of circle c is 16 units long. find the lenght of an arc that ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm is ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES PLEASE - HELP ME PLEASE. 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg...
- geometry - In circle P, arc EN=66, angle GPM=89, and GN is the diameter. Find ...
- Math rem - 2.Find the length of the arc in a circle if the radius of the circle ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES PLEASE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm ...